possible bug in probe listing?

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
digitalman

possible bug in probe listing?

Post by digitalman »

Attached is a 8-bit counter with load circuit. The value displayed by the probe seems to be correct; however, values shown in the probe listing are not.
Attachments
counter.CircuitProject
8-bit counter test circuit
(206.88 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: possible bug in probe listing?

Post by admin »

Thank you for bringing this up.
There is no bug in here as far as I can see. The value in the probe itself is displaying the most stable value i.e. value that the counter has between clock cycles. In the probe dialog you see all the changes that happened while your circuit was switching from one state to another.
To check this you can try to replace clock with a button with toggle check on it and verify content of the probe listing after each click on this button.
Hope this helpful,
Eugene
digitalman

Post by digitalman »

Thanks for clarification on how probe and probe listing function. I tried your suggestion of replacing the clock with a toggle button and it still register extra number between correct count value in the probe listing.
Since multi-bits are changed between clock cycle with the decimal counting and the probe listing registers those values, I guess the only way to avoid it is to use gray-code.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

digitalman wrote:I tried your suggestion of replacing the clock with a toggle button and it still register extra number between correct count value in the probe listing.
Yes, that is what expected. With the toggle button you just can see the value in the listing at the end of the transition in the cycle.
What you are trying to do? Why do you want to see only stable values? May be it is possible to do somehow differently or some good feature is missing in the program?