Program and PC freezes

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
Portokalas

Program and PC freezes

Post by Portokalas »

Hello ! LogicCircuit looks great and seems like a very useful tool to electrical and computer engineers like me.

However, I haven't been able to work with it at all. Every time I run it, after about 2 mins of placing and connecting things, the program freezes !
After that, I can only move the cursor for a few seconds but I can't click on anything because nothing works, not even on Windows.
In the end, the cursor and keyboard also freezes and I have no choice but to hit the reset button ! This happens every time !

Also this one time, an error message popped up, saying something about "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". (I'm not sure because I translated it from greek).
So maybe it has something to do with the graphics card drivers ?

Thank you for your time !
admin
Site Admin

Re: Program and PC freezes

Post by admin »

Yes, these symptoms are usually mean that graphics card driver does not working properly.
Try to update it and see if it helps.
Another thing is please make sure you have all the updates from Microsoft installed on this machine.
Portokalas

Post by Portokalas »

Well, everything is up-to-date, but unfortunately the problem remains . . .
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can try to uninstall your video driver and install it again. But when uninstalling please make sure the driver get removed.
Can you please explain your setup. Are running it on virtual machine? Do you have access to other computer where you can try to run it?
Portokalas

Post by Portokalas »

Ok I completely uninstalled the drivers to the point where the screen got black and the resolution after that went to something like 640x480, so I guess I got it right.
And then I installed the latest drivers again, but still got the problem.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium, no virtual machines
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3601 Mhz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Driver : 327.23
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

And I have no other computers to try it on.
Let me know if you need any more info !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you send me email? I'll try to help you.