Counter and timer

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
jjdxb

Counter and timer

Post by jjdxb »

From where I will get counter and timer for the logic ciruit?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Counter and timer

Post by admin »

There are some counters for example you can download a sample digital clock. There is a 4 bit counter there. Another way is just to build it yourself out of T flip flops. This is very simple actually.
What do you mean by timer? Will the sample mentioned above help?
jjdxb

Post by jjdxb »

Dear Sir,

u see there is one counter block in all software like, if there is some input signal there is one incriment automatically.I want to compare this counter to a particular constant so if the counter set value is reached output value of counter is high.
Same for timer also? In PLC softwares I have seen there are built in counter and timer block. But in this software there is no built in block.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the digital clock sample there is count circuit it has clock input and operation input and 4 bit output. If the operation is set to 1 it counts every clock input in 4 bits. If the operation is 0 then on the next clock the counter will reset to 0. This count is used 4 bit Modulo N counter which takes constant and counts till its value then resets if count value reaches or exceeded constant.
Hope it helps.