Input

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
KLM

Input

Post by KLM »

I am new to this software package, but not to logic design. My particular question is"how do you tie inputs to power or to ground?" In particular, how can you implement a switch or push-button to supply a power or ground to an input? Finally, what does your "button" provide to the input?

KLM
admin
Site Admin

Re: Input

Post by admin »

Hi,
This software emulates logical circuits, so there is no power or ground per se. But there are some elements that can produce logical 0 or logical 1. The button is one of such elements. Its output pin produces value 0 when the button is depressed and 1 when it is pressed. Another example would be a constant element.
Hope this answers your question.
Eugene
KLM

Post by KLM »

Yes, I finally came around to that. It feels a little awkward at first, but you do get used to it. This is a very robust program. It doesn't seem to jump around and give crazy results like those programs from a certain multi-multi billion dollar company. This is very good, and it allows some rather complex simulations to be built easily.

One additional question though. Is there a way to annotate the working drawings with words, letters, numbers, colors, etc? If the simulation is complex enough, it is easy to get lost in the image when running the simulation.

KLM

PS: I first started using your program yesterday, and now have a fully operational simulation package running. With annotation capability, this could be a really powerful package.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This version does not have text yet, but the next one will let you put a text block on the diagram. What you can do right now is to group some set of circuits and make another logical circuit out of them. This circuit will have a name, notation and description. The latest will be visible when you hoover your mouse over it symbol on the diagram that is using it. This will reduce complexity of your circuit and give some sort of annotations. For details on this please look at help topics at: http://www.logiccircuit.org/help.html