How to stimulate an input?

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
hobbss

How to stimulate an input?

Post by hobbss »

I have a basic 2-bit deserializer circuit that I would like to simulate. The circuit is attached. It is based on five edge triggering D type flip flops. My problem is I don't know how to stimulate the input. I would like to send in a somewhat random (but predetermined) series of ones and zeros to verify that the circuit works. For example: send 110101110101000110101101 (or any other predetermined sequence) into the circuit and look at the output. Is there a way to do this?

Great program, by the way -- I really like the interface...
Attachments
sp.zip
(5.71 KiB) Downloaded 714 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to stimulate an input?

Post by admin »

Hi,
You can try to build your own generator of sequences. First build a counter using your D-flip-flops. Use this count as an address of ROM with one bit data. Populate the ROM with whatever sequence you want.
Thanks,
Eugene
hobbss

Post by hobbss »

Thanks for the advice. I tried that (in the interim between my initial posting and your response), and am having difficulty with the ROM device. If I make it a 4 bit address with one data bit, I can store 16 values in the ROM. However, the address input is only one pin. How do I connect my four bit counter to the ROM address pin? Please excuse me if this is a really dumb question... I am fairly new at designing and simulating digital circuits.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You need to bundle 4 bits of your counter with splitter. Then you can connect splitter to the ROM’s address. Please see Splitter section of help at: http://www.logiccircuit.org/splitter.html