Input pin error

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
Rosalia

Input pin error

Post by Rosalia »

Hello, please I really need help. This is a circuit of a 12H digital clock. When I power my circuit this message is shown. "Input pin x3 of&(11,8) connected to more than one output pin that are not tri state stable". Please help me figure it out.
Can you please also check if my mode 6 and mod 10 counters are correct?
I attached all the pictures.
Last edited by Rosalia on Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Input pin error

Post by admin »

Hi,
It is very hard to say where the error is by looking at the pictures. Can you please attach your project file?
Rosalia

Post by Rosalia »

Hello, thank you for your reply. I really need help with my project. Here is it attached below.
Last edited by Rosalia on Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The problem is on both of your Mod 10 and Mod 6 counters as well as on JK flip-flop your input pin CLK are connected to it's actual input as well as clock on the circuit itself. The easiest way to fix is just remove clock on both counters and JK.
However, after you fix it, you will see oscillation error. I suspect it's because your JK flip-flops are controlled by level, instead of rear front i.e. clock signal is changing from 1 to 0.
BTW you do have three JK flip-flops duplicated. You can just use one instead.
Rosalia

Post by Rosalia »

OK. How can I fix oscillation error?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As I mentioned first replace all your flip-flops with just one, then make it working on rear front.
I guess you can look master-slave diagram here:
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/se ... seq_2.html
Rosalia

Post by Rosalia »

I resolved oscillation problem. I replaced my flip-flops with just one and I used a master-slave flip-flop. However, I still cannot figure out why my clock is not working well. I think I have a problem in my mod 6 counter. the connection between counters and the hours section.
Can you tell me how to connect my counters to have a clock that counts from 0 to 11 for hours and from 0 to 59 for minutes and seconds?
I have attached the new circuit below. Thank you
Last edited by Rosalia on Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I guess the error is pretty self-explanatory. You have connected two pins with different bit width. One is one bit pin and another is 4 bit pin.
Just make them the same.
Rosalia

Counters design

Post by Rosalia »

Yes, thank you. But I still have some questions. I'm still a beginner and I really need assistance. I have designed a mod 10 and a mod 6 counters for seconds and minutes to count from 0 to 59. How can I make it stop at 59 and not got to 60? How can I connect mod 2 and mode 10 counters for hours to count from 0 to 11? And finally, how can I make an alarm that rings every 10 min?
I attached the circuit below.
Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't see any attachments. Did you delete them all?