Suggestions!

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
Vojczejk

Suggestions!

Post by Vojczejk »

Hey, what i have thought of could be a nice feature? If you have ever used the CadSoft eagle software you know how libraries there work. Its a nice way of allowing users to import custom parts without being slowed down by tedious copypasting, annoying slow searching and downloading whole projects. Also maybe the software feels kinda rigid maybe let the users split the main solid window into a few , this could prove most handy for users like me with multi monitor setup so i could place the parts on one screen adn leave the other screen as space for the circuit? also a distinguishing between a "part" and a "board" could be handy so you can have your main page with the final thingy and all your circuits as "parts" so it would not close the project window every time you wanted to get details on one of your parts by opening it. To sum it up, make it more practical for use with enormous amounts of self-made ic's such as the TTL library that was posted here on the forums.
But anyway, this is a wonderful piece of software nevertheless!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions!

Post by admin »

Hi Vojczejk,
Unfortunately I have never been using CadSoft, so can you please explain in greater details how libraries are working there.
But maybe you can get similar experience within LogicCircuit too? For example you can launch more than one instance of the program place them on your monitors? As for libraries you can import any circuit from other file without copy/pasting it. Just click menu File/Import, select file you want to import from and then in the import dialog you can check as many circuit as you want to import.
As for viewing more than one circuit on the split window this is might be pretty good idea. I’ll think what can be done here.
Thank you for your suggestions,
Eugene
Vojczejk

Re: Suggestions!

Post by Vojczejk »

CadSoft eagle is a electronic circuit and board design software. In this software distinguishes between "libraries" and "projects" libraries are files which contain "symbols" "packages" and "devices" (device is 1 symbol with one or more assigned packages). Projects contain "schematics" and "boards". Schematic is as the name suggests an schematic of the electronic devices here denoted by their respectivr symbols. Every schematic has an assigned board file. This file describes the physical layout of the devices on the pcb here denoted by their packages (how the part actually looks in rela life) and the copper traces connecting them.

How i could imagine LogicCircuits could be inspired from this: 2 types of files one for the actual projects with part layout and one type for parts. The parts can be put together in a library (some kind of archive of the part files) which could be loaded in the software. I would completely abolish the extremely inconvenient list of parts on the left side and instead leave there only the default bits (input/output, primitives....) and a handy "Import" button whicn after clicking on would open a new window with list of all libraries in alphabetical order which could be clicked on to reveal all the parts in it and a search box.