Button unresponsive

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
AndyAndreiH

Button unresponsive

Post by AndyAndreiH »

Hello! I have the following problem with LogicCircuit:
Whenever I power up my circuit, everything seems to be working fine except for the input buttons. Any idea why that might be happening? Please note that the Mode button works perfectly fine. Bellow you can find a picture of my setup. If any further information is needed, please notify me.
Image 006.png
Image 006.png (30.17 KiB) Viewed 8042 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Button unresponsive

Post by admin »

That might be an indication of disconnected button. If you upload your project here I can try to look at it.
AndyAndreiH

Post by AndyAndreiH »

Thank you for the quick reply. The project is attached bellow. Please note that the main circuit has been modified since I was doing some testing.
8 bit CPU.CircuitProject
(187.4 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
EDIT: Also, I have an off-topic question. Is it possible to take a number of 1 bit signals, pass them through a splitter and then into a logic circuit like a multiplexer? If yes, how is it possible to create an 8 bit multiplexer?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, I see it now.
On your 8 bit adder you have splitters touching inputs of 4 bit adders. You’ll need to move them apart and connected all the outputs of splitters to inputs of adders.
Another problem is you have on the 8 bit add/sub two outputs of 8 bits multiplexer connected together.
And this bring us to topic of multiplexers. You can see example of implementation of mux in the sample Digital Clock circuit at: http://logiccircuit.codeplex.com/releases/
There is a one bit multiplexer there. For multi-bit one you just need to use 8 of it.
BTW you can use splitter to merge together all the A1-A8 to just one 8-bit A input.
AndyAndreiH

Post by AndyAndreiH »

admin wrote:Ok, I see it now.
On your 8 bit adder you have splitters touching inputs of 4 bit adders. You’ll need to move them apart and connected all the outputs of splitters to inputs...
Thank you very much! I will make sure to fix the errors I had and I will come back if anything arises.

EDIT: Another off-topic suggestion: Colored wires. Sometimes, in big projects, you have a shitload of wires just going everywhere. It'd be very handy to be able to color and/or label them somehow.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, it is might be a good idea, but instead I’d suggest to have your circuits smaller. This way it is easier to understand them and you don’t need to color your wires.