program velocity

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
Hans Cadans

program velocity

Post by Hans Cadans »

A little introduction

Hello I'm Hans Cadans. I've chosen this as my nickname, because I love playing the drums.
Beside this, I also like making electronic circuits, especially digital concepts.
Furthermore I wrote many programs in basic, assembler, C++
I've made, just for fun, a similar program, like yours, in EXCEL.
In my program one can use just counters, shiftregisters and LED's.

Well, here is my question:
I guess that the dots on the screen act like cells in a spreadsheet.
If your program calculates continuous all the cells, then my question doesn't make any sense.
BUT, if the program only calculates the cells (dots), which are connected to input-pins, output-pins
thus on both ends of a line, then in my opinion it's better to avoid broken lines.
Because, in this manner you introduce new cells. The program has to do more calculations.
Could you tell me, if I'm right, or if I'm wrong (I hope the latter).

Anyway, you have made a wonderful program. Every week I spend several nights to design digital circuits.
I have to confess, that I'm addicted to your program. With the aid of your program, I made a 8-bits computer.
For that, several general purpose circuits were needed. These circuits like multiplexers, demultiplexers, ALU-s, counters and so on,
are freely available (including a clear explanation of their working and their purpose)
If possible I like to contact some other people to improve mine and their designs.

In the near future I like to copy the famous Z-80 processor (including the full instruction-set), if this is possible.
Though I saw, that some guys are making exact copies of existing circuits like (74138), I prefer the same functionality,
but with less components.
For now, I've written enough. By the way I'm from The Netherlands. So I hope you'll forgive me, if I made some mistakes in my English.

best regards
Hans Cadans