Some ideas

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
Volvagia

Some ideas

Post by Volvagia »

*) It's just a minor thing, but the msi installer doesn't request administrator rights, and the context menu of msi files has no "Start as" entry (Windows 10). Hence, I need each update to start another application like cmd.exe as administrator and use it to start the installer, to install it in a directory where only the administrator has write access.
*) Since I know LogicCircuit, its slider to set up the clock frequency is in the range of 1 to 50, while the hard limit for controlled frequency is only 32.
*) A real-time clock (copying the actual nanotime to Sensor output) would make it possible to time the real-time speed of a circuit when running at max speed.
*) Abstracting of Input and Output component. As far as I see, the only difference between both is that one has the pins on the right side, the other on the left, and both have a different text. So in my opinion, it would make sense to use only one component with one additional option to set up the pin side on the component and one to select the text (In, Out and Bid(irectional) or anything else).
*) Giving other components like Clock, LED and Probe an option to set the pin side would not be wrong, I think. Especially the Probe, since the text turns with the component.
*) A history of the last opened circuit schematics and a key like Backspace to go to the previous one would be very useful (one for the circuit execution and one for editing mode, but the editing mode should be persistent between executions).
*) Storing the scroll location of the RAM/ROM window would be useful when operating steadily on the same addresses.
*) A Goto-Option in the RAM/ROM window to move to an address like in Hex editors would also be helpful.
*) I don't know, if this only apply to me, but in my opinion wastes the text boxes that replaces a single line wrap by a wide line wrap over two lines too much space.

Just noted: When trying to cut a text from circuit configure dialog, LogicCircuit copy the text to clipboard but doesn't remove it from the text box. It doesn't matter if the cut was triggered by Ctrl + X or the right click context menu. Moreover, LogicCircuit doesn't react for a short period of time after the cut. Feels for me like a silently throwed and ignored exception.