Constant input value as Decimal and Hex?

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
victoria

Constant input value as Decimal and Hex?

Post by victoria »

I wanted to modify the Clock Counter circuit of the example Digital Clock circuit project.

With a further modification in mind, I wanted the clock to stop when the value of a new input constant is equal to the displayed value.

I succeeded, but the new 8-bit constant takes in only "Hexadecimal" and the input constants for maximum minutes, seconds and hours are "Decimal". Why?

(I converted both displayed minutes and the value at which the clock has to stop to binary using 8-bit splitters. I compared the two values using XNor gates and made the input from the clock pulse tool conditional.
My final target is to make a water level simulator for spillway gate operations of the Victoria dam, Sri Lanka)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Constant input value as Decimal and Hex?

Post by admin »

Hi Victoria,
The constant is an embedded circuit that is showing all the data in hexadecimal. The output of the clock is a circuit that was built to display time in decimal. That is why the difference in how they display it. You can build your own circuit that is setting up stop time and display it in another display or the same is used for time.
If you have any other questions related to your schematics you can upload your project here so it will be easier for others to look at it and help you.
Regards,
Eugene
victoria

Re: Constant input value as Decimal and Hex?

Post by victoria »

Dear Eugine,

Thank you very much for the tip and the advice which encouraged me. I hope to contact you in future when stuck.

- Ananda Munasinghe