Project Snake

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
superryan94

Project Snake

Post by superryan94 »

I'm working on one of the most famous classic games. Snake. But I don't know the original screen size of the game at the Atari game console. I couldn't find it on the internet so I'm asking you of this community to help me with looking for the answer.

So far have I made a multi speed clock. I did that using the jk's from admin's digital clock. I connected the Q to the j of the next flipflop. With 12 following each other and connecting the last with the first gave me a twelve puls clock. Then I connected the Q's to three OR gates in order to get a two step, three step and a four step interval clockpuls. This will be used to change the difficulty of the game. I wil maybe change the clock-outputs but that is future talk^^ This circuit will be uploaded tomorrow when I'm back on my pc.

Next step will be making a screen of 20x20 to design my snake mover circuit. I will make it in a way that I can easily change the screen size for when I (or one of you) find the right screensize.

Kind regards,
Ryan
superryan94

Re: Project Snake

Post by superryan94 »

This is my toggleable clock.
Attachments
Clockspeed divider.CircuitProject
(89.13 KiB) Downloaded 885 times
superryan94

Post by superryan94 »

Is there a way to stabilisate my output puls? When I select 25hz it will variate between 20 and 30 hz. With that it's really hard to make a constant output timer for my game.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ryan,
The program is actually trying to stabilize the frequency. If you run the sample application Digital Clock you will see that over even a few days it ticking the clock correctly.
So the changes in the frequency most likely will not affect your game experience. If have evidence that is actually not stable enough for the game, please let me know I’ll try to see what is wrong.
Thanks,
Eugene
superryan94

Post by superryan94 »

Okay. I will continue with it and see if it works out well enough for it.
superryan94

Post by superryan94 »

I made some progress in my circuits. Now I'm working on the Snake Mover Circuit.

On al the circuits in the propertys panel is a desciptins of what it does or is for.
Attachments
Project Snake.CircuitProject
(789.48 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
superryan94

Post by superryan94 »

It's been a really long time sinds I last posted my progress. But I had to spend a lot of time to get trouhg my school and making the circuit working was hard....

But, now I made it possible to move a block (yes, a block. Snake is still in progress). I made a grit in which i put ICs with the circuits to move Snake. The circuits on both sides of the screen are to make it possible to clear the screen.

Making only Snake move will be my next step. After that will a randomizer to display the targets of Snake.

BTW, in the file are also my draft boards.
Attachments
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 678 times
superryan94

Post by superryan94 »

It had to be like this. I forgot to put the not good working clock away.
Attachments
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 690 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is cool. Are you going to improve on user experience? Also in the original game it was some apples already sitting there so snake has something to eat to grow.
superryan94

Post by superryan94 »

I'm working now on making Snake move like it should be. But it takes a lot of time sinds I had to learn for exams and did it out of my mind because the internet couldn't help me. When Snake moves like it should be I'll work on the apples and after that I'll work on the Game Over.