Read this first

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
admin
Site Admin

Read this first

Post by admin »

This forum is for discussing logical circuits. Feel free to ask questions answer other people questions and post and download circuits, share and seek ideas and so on.
In order to upload Circuit Project file please zip it and then upload here this will save traffic for people on low bandwidth. As an example there is a digital clock circuit is attached to this message.
Attachments
DigitalClock.zip
Sample logic circuit
(40.09 KiB) Downloaded 2530 times
alexfox80

Re: Read this first

Post by alexfox80 »

Hi! I am third year student in Electronics and I am trying to use this program for a project as a part of Digital Schematics Design course. There are some things that i do not understand, I hope my questions are not too silly.
1. What is the default state of inputs that are not connected to anything? For example you have some multi-input ANDs in the 4-7 circuit that have an input not connected.
2. Why do you need two sets and two resets in the RS trigger? In the JK not all of them are used.
I tried to make some triggers from primitives, but i must be doing something wrong, because they are not working. The logic is all by the book, however i am not sure how the buttons (toggle and otherwise) work. My JK trigger gives the oscillation error when i set both inputs to "1" instead of just toggling the state as expected.
Please help!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Here are answers to your questions:
Unconnected pin should not affect output of the gate. So for AND gate it is equivalent to 1 while for OR it is 0.
I assume you are referring to flip-flop from sample digital clock circuit. It was just convenient for me to have RS with two inputs you can easily create your own RS flip-flop with one input.
For your not working circuit please create a separate topic and upload you project in this topic I’ll try to figure out what is wrong and help you.
Thanks,
Eugene
imcute

Post by imcute »

can i talk about logisim here?i did not find a nice forum for that(did find a lot of unnice ones tho)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can, but this forum is for logic circuit.
imcute

Post by imcute »

Are external links allowed?My files are on replit.com (replit is trusty,not malware)